1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

hi everyone, i think everyone here would like to know my dad Hobe passed away on 8/14/2017. it was not unexpected but all the arrangements were/are overwhelming. we plan to hold a burial in Jan 2018 in his home town in Florida. he and my mom Barbara bought my 1964 D100 HPP new. here is an obit my s 
Hobart Simons - RIP
Posted by: ben (Moderator)
Date: September 06, 2017 01:22PM

hi everyone,

i think everyone here would like to know my dad Hobe passed away on 8/14/2017. it was not unexpected but all the arrangements were/are overwhelming. we plan to hold a burial in Jan 2018 in his home town in Florida.

he and my mom Barbara bought my 1964 D100 HPP new. here is an obit my siblings and i wrote about him:

Hobart Hanahan Simons was born in Williamstown, WV on 2/19/1927 and passed away peacefully in St. Petersburg on 8/14/2017 at 90 years of age. Hobe is survived by his wife of 66 years Barbara Ellen Anderson Simons, his six children Ellen J Osten, Mary F Erickson (Allen), Hobart H Simons II (Laura), K Benjamin SImons (Kelleen), Elizabeth H Quinn (Greg), Baynard George Simons (Leigh), grand children Troy Osten (Ann), Marc Osten, Jamie Hoke (Ted), Pauline Pettay (Scott), Al Erickson, Blair Osten, Katie Simons, Tara Flanagan, Liam Quinn, Hobart S Simons, Erin Quinn, numerous great grandchildren, and several great-great grandchildren.

Hobe, as he was known by anyone he ever met, lived a full life devoted to photography, anything automotive, and sharing a cup of coffee. Hobe is a naval veteran of WWII and the school of hard knocks. After attending Corcoran School of Art he started work for the Naval Ordinance lab as a photographer capturing documentary photos of classified munitions, PR photos, and portraits by day and freelance wedding and portraiture at night. After leaving the Naval Lab he worked in a multi-level Esso service station in Washington D.C. also while doing photography work in his parents subbasement. He met and married Barbara in 1951 who worked in his father's office at the time. In the mid 50s they had two girls. The late 50s saw them moved to Florida to open a 66 station. In the 60s and 70s they opened a Gulf station while adding to his family with four more kids. His last job was working for Florida Brake & Clutch where he expanded his network of friends by marketing and selling brake products in many central Florida counties.

Hobe took great pleasure in doing things for his children and traveling the US - always in his black Dodge pickup. The trips gave his children so many good and amazing memories. He treasured in his many lifelong friendships and would drop whatever he was doing to help a friend in need - even if that meant driving to another state. He never knew a stranger and always took great pride in finding common ground with anyone he met.

In lieu of flowers please make a donation in Hobe's name to the Lion's Eye Institute - [www.lionseyeinstitute.org]

------------
1964 Dodge D100 426SW High Performance Package
www.cssregistry.com

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Hobart Simons - RIP 1135 ben 09/06/2017 01:22PM
Re: Hobart Simons - RIP 304 swptln 09/07/2017 12:48PM
Re: Hobart Simons - RIP 244 swptln 09/07/2017 08:51PM
Re: Hobart Simons - RIP 276 ben 10/11/2017 02:42PM
Re: Hobart Simons - RIP 358 swptln 10/28/2017 04:17PM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.