1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

While researching information on my newly acquired Lime Green Power Wagon, I came across this web organization, so I registered my truck here. Over the years I have had several Sweptlines and have always had a passion for them. I heard of this 1971 Lime Green Power Wagon back in 2012 when a new acq 
New truck, new to the organization.
Posted by: johnT (71.219.142.---)
Date: February 09, 2013 11:33AM

While researching information on my newly acquired Lime Green Power Wagon, I came across this web organization, so I registered my truck here. Over the years I have had several Sweptlines and have always had a passion for them.

I heard of this 1971 Lime Green Power Wagon back in 2012 when a new acquaintance told be he had actually seen it. It took a couple of months to pinpoint its location and catch the owners at home. It was thought to be a 318 but I was very pleased to see the original 383 sitting pretty under the hood.

The truck is an original Lime Green 1971 Camper Special Power Wagon that only has 85,000 miles on it. The truck is pretty much untouched from the day it left the factory in Detroit. All the stickers are in place and so are the assembly grease pencil marks. The old truck is complete down to the air cleaner and correct radiator.

While the truck is really cool, it pales in comparison the 80s+ year old owners. I hope is that I make my 80s that I am as full of life as they are. I could tell that it was not easy for them to see the truck that had made so many memories for well over 30 years, roll out their drive way. Maybe the saddest part was having their dog chase us down the road for over a mile. You see, the dog slept under the truck for the past 12 years.

For decades the Chartreuse Caboose (now named Jolly Green - remembering the Ho Ho Ho from the 70's commercials) sat outside the kitchen window welcoming the morning as a pot of coffee brewed. This morning will be the first morning that Jolly Green will be outside my kitchen window.

Not only did I get a wonderful truck, I made some amazing friends with stories galor to share. On top of that, I also found an organization of people with the same interests as mine. Oh how the network grows.

As I learn more about how this website functions, I will post more photos of Jolly Green. And if there are any questions about how something came from the factory on a 1971 Sweptline, I will be more than happy to take a photo of that detail.

I see that there are some awesome Sweptlines in this organization and I hope to be another positive contributor. The photo I put on the registry was taken the day I first laid eyes on Jolly Green sitting outside that kitchen window.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
New truck, new to the organization. 1326 johnT 02/09/2013 11:33AM
Re: New truck, new to the organization. 496 johnT 02/09/2013 12:30PM
Re: New truck, new to the organization. 421 Hobcobble 02/09/2013 04:35PM
Re: New truck, new to the organization. 726 demulsion 02/10/2013 01:16AM
Re: New truck, new to the organization. 450 Adventurer 02/10/2013 08:53AM
Re: New truck, new to the organization. 481 swptln 02/10/2013 04:16PM
Re: New truck, new to the organization. 593 JimmieD 02/12/2013 06:03PM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.