1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

hello guy's heres one to ponder over. we just replaced the rod bearings on my sons truck.directly after firing the motor the crank case filled with water. we did diagnostics and a leak down test on all cylinders. all were withion limits , and no noticeable preasure drops.we asumed that we blew 
80's model 318 water in the oil????
Posted by: simplegreendodge (98.195.216.---)
Date: July 21, 2013 04:42PM

hello guy's heres one to ponder over. we just replaced the rod bearings on my sons truck.directly after firing the motor the crank case filled with water. we did diagnostics and a leak down test on all cylinders. all were withion limits , and no noticeable preasure drops.we asumed that we blew a head gasket ,or a intake gasket.when we pulled the motor there were little to no remarkable signs of either.so we replaced all top end gaskets, and refired the motor.same thing. 2 days work and $200.00 later. we are no better off than before.could we have misplaced a short bolt where a long bolt needed to go? or vice versa? cracked head? cracker cylinder wall? but i thought these would have presented themselves on the leak down test. also the back two cylinders showed signs of moisture.not full in the cylinder, maybee the contents o a soda staw.we are thinking that maybee the housing behind the water pump is damaged? just looking for ideas and also venting,ha ha. before we tear it down for the third time.hope third time is a charm.thanks for any input fellas. cheers

chris .....

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
80's model 318 water in the oil???? 1236 simplegreendodge 07/21/2013 04:42PM
FOUND IT 434 simplegreendodge 07/21/2013 08:04PM
Re: 80's model 318 water in the oil???? 676 JimmieD 07/22/2013 04:48AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.