1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

I'm having a hard time figuring the proper arrangement of the accelerator pump for my Stromberg WW 3-283. I don't think the previous owner had it set up right, and the instructions I have show the accelerator pump as an assembly so it's hard to tell what order things go in. I have a  
Stromberg WW carb accelerator pump help
Posted by: demliag (66.90.146.---)
Date: February 26, 2017 07:48PM

I'm having a hard time figuring the proper arrangement of the accelerator pump for my Stromberg WW 3-283. I don't think the previous owner had it set up right, and the instructions I have show the accelerator pump as an assembly so it's hard to tell what order things go in. I have a picture showing what parts I have, attached. I know the check ball goes in first, then that pump rod, and then I assume the spring. But I can't figure out where the felt washer and the metal washer go. Do they go above the e-clip, but inside the air horn housing? And which one goes in first. Also, this video (https://youtu.be/_NgQUHd2Oks) shows some sort of collar (at the 1:10 minute marack that goes in, but mine doesn't have it, am I supposed to? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Allen

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Stromberg WW carb accelerator pump help 1592 demliag 02/26/2017 07:48PM
Re: Stromberg WW carb accelerator pump help 562 swptln 02/27/2017 10:22PM
Re: Stromberg WW carb accelerator pump help 662 swptln 03/01/2017 02:51PM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.