1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

Please, where does one measure exactly the pinion angle and what should it be for a lifted sweptline truck, I lifted my truck 12 inches and now have extreme angles and too short driveshafts. I have seen transfercase drop kits and can make one but I dont get how to figure how much to drop the transf 
How to figure pinion angle to drop transfercase?
Posted by: 1964w200crewcab (70.196.6.---)
Date: May 23, 2009 09:16AM

Please, where does one measure exactly the pinion angle and what should it be for a lifted sweptline truck, I lifted my truck 12 inches and now have extreme angles and too short driveshafts. I have seen transfercase drop kits and can make one but I dont get how to figure how much to drop the transfercase before it gets too off itself. I am still struggling with the conversion but am close to seeing light. I had to toss out the closed dana44 as no lift parts are available for it. I have removed the 91 w250 cummings dana 60 ball joint front end and its getting a rebuild with a detroit locker and new 4:10 gears as it was open and had 3:55's. I know I am going to have to install new driveshafts as well, prob those double cad units and then I remembered the dana 60 has different pinion yoke than the small dana44 it repleaced, where can i get pinion and transmission yokes and go to the big 1 ton ujoints for the transfercase as well, are all of the sweptline transfercases the same spline or is there is different ujoint yoke on 1 tons i can switch out mine to so to run the 1 ton ujoint and driveshafts??? I bought a 1978 Ford 3/4 powersteering gearbox and a Offroad Design crossover Hi-steering conversion kit, kit had a dropped pitman arm for the ford box, knuckle and block to run draglink between the leaf springs. I am having to take the steering gearbox to Fort Worth to have it ported so I can run the hydra assist cylinder from PSC steering, apparently there is a huge backorder on steering parts since factorys being closed, i had to buy a box at Orielys to get one to take to PSC or they can rebuild it to there specs with the assist kit. Does anybody know what year was the last a 225 cid motor had power steering so i can try to buy a bracket to install it on my 64?? Thanks for advice in advance

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
How to figure pinion angle to drop transfercase? 1580 1964w200crewcab 05/23/2009 09:16AM
Re: How to figure pinion angle to drop transfercase? 490 JimmieD 05/23/2009 10:24AM
Re: How to figure pinion angle to drop transfercase? 461 skeely 05/23/2009 12:17PM
Re: How to figure pinion angle to drop transfercase? 805 MoparNorm 05/23/2009 01:08PM
Re: How to figure pinion angle to drop transfercase? 574 1964w200crewcab 05/24/2009 07:40PM
Re: How to figure pinion angle to drop transfercase? 648 PwrWgnDrvr 05/24/2009 09:23PM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.