1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

......OK so my son in law has a grandpa that lives in Susanville Ca. in the high desert,, seriously he has lived there with no running water or power for 35 years.......So we go see him for a visit after the elk hunting trip in Idaho....he has like 200 to 250 cars and trucks stashed out there on hi 
OK not Sweptline but Mopar related.leaving
Posted by: BNC (70.41.217.---)
Date: October 11, 2011 10:44AM

......OK so my son in law has a grandpa that lives in Susanville Ca. in the high desert,, seriously he has lived there with no running water or power for 35 years.......So we go see him for a visit after the elk hunting trip in Idaho....he has like 200 to 250 cars and trucks stashed out there on his 200 acres of desert land!!!!!!....I about pass out at seeing this and come to realize he is a horder,, he hordes cars and trucks, tractors, and all the cool stuff that we all want but our wifes wont let us drag home!!!... OK, OK so what did I find out there, I hear ya!!... I found a 66 shortbed Swepty 318 4 speed(Hey this is a sweptline post after all!!!) and a 65 swepty crewcab with a dash shift no motor or trans and a 67 D500 cab and chassis poly 4 speed, a 76 extra cab 4x4 and a 79 W200 and an old Job Rated 1.5 ton flatbed..Toyota's, Volvo's, chevrolet's of all sorts, GMC's, willys jeeps, vw's, dune buggys, allis chalmers, some old busses that looked like they hauled prisoners, old cadillacs, motors of all sorts and transmissions, fords, piles of model t fenders, cowles and running boards rims & tires with metal and also wood spokes,..10 to 12 complete model t's, a few model a's, about 30 old cars that hand crank under the radiator to start and some very very old cars that he said are the only ones in existance, granted they been sitting in the desert for 30+ years so they arent showroom by any means but stuff like I have never seen in my life of looking at cars...3 of them he said are worth over 100.000 bucks to the right buyer/collecter... I was weak in the knees looking at this gold field!! I ran across a super nice 2 door Malibu and tons of old school cars that would make cool rat rods,,,,On and on and on,, SOOOOO,,,,, before the end of the day I made a deal with him for a 63 Dodge Dart 2 door with a /6 push button dash auto,, I'm talking COMPLETE with all chrome trim, all glass,very little rust, I checked the floors and trunk real good, this car looks like it was driven to the spot and shut off and left there.....so one week later I flew back up there with the car trailer and 300 bucks and got it and he gave me a bill of sale because he wasnt sure where the title was.....got it home and was looking in the glove box and ALL the paperwork was in there from the original owner to him, signed and pink slip title everything needed to register at DMV. SO now I have a 63 Dart to work on and fix up after the 66 Crew is done. I gulped some gas down the throat of that slant 6 and stuffed in a battery and it fired right up and I actually got it to sit and idle so I could listen to the exhaust leaks and tappets!!! AMAZING things those /6 motors!!.....I asked Grandpa if I could be one of his grandsons and he smiled and said "OK" so now I have a grandpa again!!! WITH ALOT OF SUPER COOL OLD CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!.....If anyone wants a D200 Crewcab or a shortbed Swepty I can work it out with him to get them because they are great candidates for restoration or would make good parts trucks...He did say that he wanted to sell them as thats how he survives up there.......Theres more to the story if anyone wants to hear it.........BNC

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
OK not Sweptline but Mopar related.leaving 1294 BNC 10/11/2011 10:44AM
Re: OK not Sweptline but Mopar related.leaving 451 PwrWgnDrvr 10/12/2011 01:31AM
Re: OK not Sweptline but Mopar related.leaving 687 ben 10/12/2011 07:50PM
Re: OK not Sweptline but Mopar related.leaving 448 JimmieD 10/12/2011 10:06PM
Re: OK not Sweptline but Mopar related.leaving 405 Snapper 11/05/2011 05:03PM
Re: OK not Sweptline but Mopar related.leaving 441 Hewy 11/05/2011 07:07PM
Re: OK not Sweptline but Mopar related.leaving 580 BNC 11/05/2011 09:16PM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.