1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

If you havent done this in a while, bleed your clutch. I did and was amazed how much firmer feel I got. I located a very small leak where my line goes into the clutch master cylinder. My line isnt going in the straightest and the flair isnt setting as should. Im going to bend a new line soon. Anoth 
Clutch Tip
Posted by: Fish (75.187.154.---)

If you havent done this in a while, bleed your clutch. I did and was amazed how much firmer feel I got. I located a very small leak where my line goes into the clutch master cylinder. My line isnt going in the straightest and the flair isnt setting as should. Im going to bend a new line soon.

Another tip: I posted this last year but worth repeating. Make a pressure bleeder out of a 10 dollar plastic spray pump you get at any hardware store. Take an old cluth MC cover, drill a hole and put a barbed fitting in it then hook it up with hose to the pump. Put some fluid in pump and pump away pressurizing system. Crack bleeder at slave cylinder and let the fluid come out until all air is gone. Works SO nice and easy, and QUICK! The boys at VPW told me to do this on my M-37 brakes.

4 speed fish

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Clutch Tip 1179 Fish 06/07/2009 04:31AM
Re: Clutch Tip 481 oldmopar 06/07/2009 08:13AM
Re: Clutch Tip 626 JimmieD 06/07/2009 11:45AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.