1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

.....I tore into my 66 crewcab!! I pulled off the whole front clip, pulled the front doors and the body is loose from the original chassis. The body is as ready to be lifted as it will ever be....Here is my question,,, should I lift the body from below or send a couple 4x4 posts thru the door frame 
Well.... I tore into it finally!
Posted by: BNC (72.173.44.---)

.....I tore into my 66 crewcab!! I pulled off the whole front clip, pulled the front doors and the body is loose from the original chassis. The body is as ready to be lifted as it will ever be....Here is my question,,, should I lift the body from below or send a couple 4x4 posts thru the door frames and lift that way with say a come along hoist from the rafters of the shop???... What should I expect for weight of this cab??.. I'm thinking 400 to 600 lbs or somewhere in that area...I may even try to devise a way to lift it with my skid steer. Anyway the motorhome frame is waiting to go under it.. It should take me a good month to get the cab set down on the mounts and adjust everything to look like factory or as close to it as possible.. believe me I wouldnt be trying to even do this but the motorhome chassis is so exactly close to the D400 chassis it looks like they were made in the same plant. So hopefully soon I will be able to FINALLY drive this crewcab that I have had for HOW LONG???!!! 6 years?? and never even driven it!!! Jeesh,,projects!!!!!................BNC

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Well.... I tore into it finally! 1202 BNC 07/30/2009 07:12PM
Re: Well.... I tore into it finally! 588 MoparNorm 08/03/2009 08:27AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.