1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

(posted on both forums) Just got back to a putr after 3 days on the road. Spent hours with the owner talking Dodge and feasting the eyes on Mopar muscle. This is a factory CSS Ute. 2nd one known. Has the SERT sticker and all other secret indicators that verify the authenticity. Not sure anybody on  
Ride to see CSS Utiline
Posted by: PwrWgnDrvr (207.200.116.---)

(posted on both forums)

Just got back to a putr after 3 days on the road. Spent hours with the owner talking Dodge and feasting the eyes on Mopar muscle. This is a factory CSS Ute. 2nd one known. Has the SERT sticker and all other secret indicators that verify the authenticity.
Not sure anybody on here can match the owner for dedication to Dodge trucks. There are more than a dozen in his yard, including the N1000 bobtail and a D800 dumptruck. He has a wall full of trophies for the trucks u see in the pics, incl 1sts and 2nds.
Ever seen a 4 headlight swept with a BLOWN 440 in it? EVERY swept he has, has a built 440, either blown, or hi rise with tunnel ram, or just tunnel ram, except the D800 Dump truck has a poly. Its an intense place. Dude bought his first CSS the day he got out of the service in Sep 65 - a 66 model. He wanted the HPP pkg, but no dealer could get one. They all said it was N/A. So he bought a basic CSS and put a 426 hemi in it...this was IN 1966! Sold sometime later, 10 yrs after that it got crushed. He still has the VIN MEMORIZED!
Wish it hadnt gotten dark and I could have taken a tour of the sheds where the rest of the Hemis and other HP goodies are. As it was all I saw was the row of em in the garage on engine stands and a floor to ceiling shelf full of heads and manifolds. I got pics too.smiling smiley
The ebay listing sends up red flags to us, due to the way the broker wrote stuff, being he is not a sweptline expert. I guarantee there is no BS going on with this one. The owner is old school - doesn't even own a computer, but by the time I got there he had been given printouts from Ben's CSS registry and was referring to info from them. Told me to take all the pics I want and list everything in both the CSS and Sweptline Registries. thumbs up

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Ride to see CSS Utiline 1744 PwrWgnDrvr 04/18/2009 12:56AM
Re: Ride to see CSS Utiline 579 MoparNorm 04/18/2009 12:59AM
Re: Ride to see CSS Utiline 688 PowerMan 04/22/2009 11:15AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.