1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

A while ago (about a year, or so) I posted a query with a problem of my 65 D200 having a "popping" in the exhaust. I did vacuum, compression and timing checks (all o,rebuilt the carb and bought/swapped a new ECU, with no change. Next I pulled plug wires 1 at a time and found 2 cylinders s 
Popping in Exhaust, the Cure
Posted by: pblakita (166.217.168.---)
Date: September 20, 2009 08:54PM

A while ago (about a year, or so) I posted a query with a problem of my 65 D200 having a "popping" in the exhaust. I did vacuum, compression and timing checks (all oack,rebuilt the carb and bought/swapped a new ECU, with no change. Next I pulled plug wires 1 at a time and found 2 cylinders suspect. I repalced the spark plugs and checked resistance in the plug wires; it ran a little better, but still had the persistant "popping". I was frustrated and made these attempts over the course of the last year. Finally, I did the plug wire pull again, same 2 cylinders and replaced these 2 plug wires. IT WORKED. The truck now runs like a top.

Thanks to all for suggestions and don't trust a resistance reading (or continuity) in plug wires. By the way, the plug wires had less than 12,000 miles on them and still looked like new.

Thanks again to all who provided input.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Popping in Exhaust, the Cure 951 pblakita 09/20/2009 08:54PM
Re: Popping in Exhaust, the Cure 393 MoparNorm 09/20/2009 09:09PM
Re: Popping in Exhaust, the Cure 1175 wideblock 09/20/2009 10:33PM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.