1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

This is off topic but might be of interest to someone. I'm posting this using NO Microsoft software at all. I'm using Linux operating system and Mozilla Firefox for my browser. This could not have been easier so don't worry if you are not into computers. In fact it's the easiest 
OT: computer stuff
Posted by: Russ (74.160.37.---)
Date: October 04, 2009 02:01PM

This is off topic but might be of interest to someone. I'm posting this using NO Microsoft software at all. I'm using Linux operating system and Mozilla Firefox for my browser. This could not have been easier so don't worry if you are not into computers. In fact it's the easiest to load and use that I've ever seen. I haven't even installed it, I just put the CD in and booted from that and it loaded and runs great, with all of the network and other drivers needed. I paid $7 for the CDs but it's freeware so you can download it for free. There is also free suite of applications that imitate Microsoft Office and will read and create Office compatible documents. I'd heard about it before but just got around to trying it.
The copy I got is called Ubuntu XP and looks like XP. This is my old computer that I haven't used in a year. I'm going to install it on this machine and check it out more.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
OT: computer stuff 1069 Russ 10/04/2009 02:01PM
Re: OT: computer stuff 492 Phil 10/04/2009 08:09PM
Re: OT: computer stuff 430 JimmieD 10/04/2009 09:46PM
Re: OT: computer stuff 567 Keith Jones 10/04/2009 11:24PM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.