1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

Hi all, I asked something about this long ago but can't find the thread. I want to replace the rear side slider windows in my Town Wagon with solid glass, no frames. I already purchased the correct gasket material for glass. Some of the other side windows in trucks I've had were laminated 
Custom side window glass...
Posted by: JimmieD (66.81.197.---)
Date: October 25, 2009 08:09AM

Hi all,

I asked something about this long ago but can't find the thread. I want to replace the rear side slider windows in my Town Wagon with solid glass, no frames. I already purchased the correct gasket material for glass.

Some of the other side windows in trucks I've had were laminated glass, with the plastic sheet inside, don't know if that's still available?

Seems to me I could save a lot of money doing this job by just getting my new glass cut to the square dimensions, then rounding the corners myself with a grinder. The shops do it somehow, so it's do-able. I wonder if a high-speed air die grinder would be the tool to use to shape the corners round? Any suggestions?

I do remember from past threads that JohnB already called dibbs on my take-out side glass, JohnB.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Custom side window glass... 1103 JimmieD 10/25/2009 08:09AM
Re: Custom side window glass... 398 PwrWgnDrvr 10/25/2009 10:00AM
Re: Custom side window glass... 381 JimmieD 10/25/2009 10:00PM
Re: Custom side window glass... 396 Trailmaster 10/25/2009 10:47PM
Re: Custom side window glass... 428 JimmieD 10/26/2009 05:38AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.