1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

Finding a 8.5mm hi-po wire set for the early /6 with the big tube openings was a challenge, but for anyone looking to upgrade here's what I did. Napa actually still makes a wire set with the correct boot (well, almost, it's not a one-piece, but that makes it work even better). It's B 
spark plug wires
Posted by: JimC (98.242.120.---)
Date: November 14, 2009 10:07AM

Finding a 8.5mm hi-po wire set for the early /6 with the big tube openings was a challenge, but for anyone looking to upgrade here's what I did. Napa actually still makes a wire set with the correct boot (well, almost, it's not a one-piece, but that makes it work even better). It's Belden 700113, about $20. These wires are only 7mm, but I was after the boot only. Enter Magnecor KV85 #6508, made for the later /6, so without the right boot. 8.5mm of the finest spark plug wires I've ever held in my hands, about $55. I slipped the boot flap off the Beldens, and with the aid of a little silicone lube, onto the Magnecors, and presto! the wire set I was after had been created. I know I spent $75, but hey, 8.5mm Accel wires start at $90 and go up, and the Magnecor, imo, is far superior.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
spark plug wires 1647 JimC 11/14/2009 10:07AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.