1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

....Well I drove the torn down motorhome up to the spot behind the shop where my 66 CC is parked. started taking measurements from the CC chassis to see how close the MH chassis is to it,,,, the diff. between the frames is less than 1/4 inch in some places and even less in others. So I will just cu 
CC body on Motorhome frame
Posted by: BNC (72.173.44.---)

....Well I drove the torn down motorhome up to the spot behind the shop where my 66 CC is parked. started taking measurements from the CC chassis to see how close the MH chassis is to it,,,, the diff. between the frames is less than 1/4 inch in some places and even less in others. So I will just cut with my liquid wrench the rivets in the body mounts and punch the cut rivets out to the inside of the frame and lift the CC body off it's chassis and set it right on the MH chassis... I know it is easier to describe than it will be to do but at least the frames are near exact to start with. Probably take the doors off to lighten it 400 lbs or so, take off the fenders and rad. support...mount the rad support first to get fan blade spacing then make adjustments of the body to fit fenders, level everything and weld the body mounts to the chassis.....picture me driving a torn down motor home chassis with half the dash cut away, just instrument cluster and shifter on the left of the steering wheel, a captains chair on what's left of the platform of the floor, the motor and entire drive train exposed, front wheels exposed, drive lines spinning, no seat belt, 440, gas pedel smashed to whats left of the floor, tire smoke boiling off the duals, going up my driveway!!!.....That was the scene and both my son in laws were howling with laughter and holding thier stomaches!!!!....They didnt see it but when I got to the gravel corner the back end sorta slid sideways and I almost drifted over the embankment to my demise!!!!.....Maybe thats what they were hoping for I don't know!!!!!.......BNCthumbs up

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
CC body on Motorhome frame 1426 BNC 05/07/2009 10:17AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.