1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

my dad clips this column and mails me an interesting article now and then (along with a bunch of other crap). so i thought it'd be fun to send in photos and a short story of the old truck and see if they print it. in my mind's eye my dad would open up the paper and see his old truck (they 
64 D100 featured in St. Petersburg Times "My Favorite Car"
Posted by: ben (128.227.107.---)
Date: December 23, 2011 11:51AM

my dad clips this column and mails me an interesting article now and then (along with a bunch of other crap). so i thought it'd be fun to send in photos and a short story of the old truck and see if they print it.

in my mind's eye my dad would open up the paper and see his old truck (they bought it new) in his home-town paper and be surprised.

reality was way better - they printed my article (and requisite typos) and all three photos! before the folks had a chance to read the paper a friend they had not heard from in DECADES called them to see if they saw the article as well as catch up on events over the past 40+ years.

needless to say both parents were blown away... i love it when a plan comes together.

[www.tampabay.com]

Ben

------------
1964 Dodge D100 426SW High Performance Package
www.cssregistry.com

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
64 D100 featured in St. Petersburg Times "My Favorite Car" 1201 ben 12/23/2011 11:51AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.