1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

as you know i have a gold 70, it is all original. i need a paint code or something so i can order up some paint. the auto color lib doesnt show anything like that, do any of you guys got a clue on where to look. the closest thing i can see is light or medium gold poly. Edited 1 time(s). Last edit a 
Re: my truck Is gold
Posted by: JimmieD (66.81.199.---)
Date: July 19, 2009 09:54PM

In those days Chrysler Corp was prett smart: a customer could order anything they wanted off the options sheet! That included ordering trucks with car specific paint. Check the Auto Color Library for 1070 Dodge car, not truck & you'll find your color:

[www.tcpglobal.com]

Gold was a specialty color for Mopar starting with the '57 Plymouth Golden Commando, but was also seen earlier on Chrysler cars. Throughout the years it has been a color available on most anything Mopar built, including 1970 Dodge trucks. The exact hue or shade of gold didn't vary much but yet it was year specific.

Back in my Junior High School days my best friend's mother had a '57 Plymouth Golden Commando convertible, 3-2's & a 4 speed from the factory! Gold with a cream white ragtop, cream white leather interior, a car to die for. His dingaling sister washed the car one Saturday and wanted to get it REAL shiny for mom: she used Comet Cleanser. Oh'm'Gawd no, no, no......

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
my truck Is gold 1282 shartwig 07/19/2009 04:40PM
Re: my truck Is gold 635 JimmieD 07/19/2009 09:54PM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.