1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

The old JC Whitney CD unit on my D200 finally failed so I upgraded the whole spark path which essentially had not been touched in years. New Mallory HyFyre 6a CDI, new Mallory Promaster coil, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, new Bosch cap and rotor. At one point I called Mallory tech support to ask a question 
Re: spark plug help
Posted by: JimmieD (66.81.196.---)
Date: November 04, 2009 07:45AM

Jim, I'm no master but I've run CD's, like the MSD. Far as I know the only reason there has ever been for resistor plugs is to cut down or eliminate radio interference. Terry is the radio expert around here, maybe he'll have something more on that.

Thing is, the sparkplugs are at the end of the line, the last pop & sizzle for all those busy little electrons. A resistor plug of course introduces resistance to make the sparl event less violent, but it's after the fact from what I know, that it cannot effect the capacitive discharge or the coil output.

I was told to ONLY USE resistor plugs with my CD setup of MSD 6AL & Accel Super Coil. I was also told to ONLY USE the resistance wires. Instead I used Accel solid core stainless/copper wires & non-resistor plugs, ran like a scalded dog! Instant starting, great mileage and for 1,000's of miles....

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
spark plug help 984 JimC 11/03/2009 02:31PM
Re: spark plug help 521 JimmieD 11/04/2009 07:45AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.