1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

Ben, I know the frustration you had with your paint. Im not a painter but try. One time I did some body work on my dads truck, repaired a fender and the paint looked great. Really gave me confidence. The next job I did, major orange peel!!!! It is so hard to match results consistantly, at least for 
Bens truck
Posted by: 68 Fish (75.187.154.---)
Date: December 05, 2009 06:10AM

Ben,

I know the frustration you had with your paint. Im not a painter but try. One time I did some body work on my dads truck, repaired a fender and the paint looked great. Really gave me confidence. The next job I did, major orange peel!!!! It is so hard to match results consistantly, at least for me. Who knows what I do wrong.

Your truck is looking great. Your close to the finish now. Any chance of Mopar Nats this year?? If there is, Ill meet you there. Maybe we can get a gang to come along like 5 years ago. It would be fun to have at least 5 old sweptlines cruising brice road in formation.

My early 65 is still doing duty pulling the cuda and tractors. The disc brake conversion has been problem free. I recently put in a new clutch slave cylinder, it was a sorce of air getting into the lines, what a difference. Happiness is having a firm, tight clutch pedal!!! I also put new door seals on it which took away a lot of the wind noise. My seals were 90% gone, dried out.

Keep the good work up on that truck. I almost put in a CB in mine also, but didnt get around to it. My under dash AC unit really hogs up a lot of mounting space.

Fish

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Bens truck 1398 68 Fish 12/05/2009 06:10AM
Re: Bens truck 630 ben 12/05/2009 01:28PM
Re: Bens truck 561 68 Fish 12/06/2009 05:34AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.