1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

Ben, I know the frustration you had with your paint. Im not a painter but try. One time I did some body work on my dads truck, repaired a fender and the paint looked great. Really gave me confidence. The next job I did, major orange peel!!!! It is so hard to match results consistantly, at least for 
Re: Bens truck
Posted by: ben (74.178.39.---)
Date: December 05, 2009 01:28PM

Hi Ron,

it is so close to being done i can almost taste it.

we're re-spraying the bed on Sunday along with the tailgate letters (in white) and then i'll put in the side glass.

the front and rear windows are in and it just blows me away how much the truck has come together with them in place.

the right rear axle is bent so i need to replace it...

the truck runs like a champ and will blaze the rear wheels with ease. i hope to be "done" by christmas this year and then start the process of sorting out all the little things.

i need to put in exhaust and hook up the power assist steering.

i will be starting a budget to come up to the 2010 nats - it would be great to see other trucks up there but it would be just as great to see you and your truck if no one else shows.

as things shape up i'll have to see about finding a hotel room or see if i can stay with my aunt in Columbus. i'll probably have to bring my dad as there would be no way i could not NOT take him. he'll be 83 next year.

first things first i need to show it to my mom when it is done!

Ben

------------
1964 Dodge D100 426SW High Performance Package
www.cssregistry.com

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Bens truck 1396 68 Fish 12/05/2009 06:10AM
Re: Bens truck 629 ben 12/05/2009 01:28PM
Re: Bens truck 561 68 Fish 12/06/2009 05:34AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.