1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

Went through a few picture albums, from before digital cameras… the good old days ;-) Just of few of the Mopars I’ve had over the years, I couldn’t possibly count them all. My 1st one was a ’64 Dodge wagon, 318/727, then there were all kinds of Chryslers, Valiants, Darts, Darts Sports, Sate 
Rainy day reminiscing, Mopars from the past…
Posted by: beemrmax (67.170.29.---)
Date: December 19, 2009 03:36PM

Went through a few picture albums, from before digital cameras… the good old days ;-) Just of few of the Mopars I’ve had over the years, I couldn’t possibly count them all. My 1st one was a ’64 Dodge wagon, 318/727, then there were all kinds of Chryslers, Valiants, Darts, Darts Sports, Satellites, my 1st muscle car, a ’69 GTX 440 4sp, Roadrunners, Challengers, Vans, Trucks, more trucks, and more trucks…

The reason I was looking through the albums was to find pics of my Army Dodge, because of the thread below. It was a ’66 D200, Slant 6 4sp, nomenclature tag still on the glove box, cool truck. The last slant six anything I’ve owned. I parted with that one about ten years ago, did find a couple pics.

My ’71 Roadrunner, 3 show trophies (1st place in its class ’86, 2nd place Mopar Nats ’90, 1st place Mopars Nats ’91) 383/727, bought the car for $150 as a rolling shell...

Fussed over that 383HP for over ten years!

Here’s a really weird one, the second one I had actually, the 1st one was stolen and ended up crushed at a recycling yard. ’63 Chrysler Newport, 361, THREE SPEED STICK ON THE FLOOR!!!, Radio delete, check out the dash! You can see the shifter down by the seat. The one that got stolen I bought in ’79 maybe, still remember driving it home… just around the corner from where I bought it from this kooky old Mopar nut “Leroy” (He also had a 5 window cab late 50 something Dodge pickup with a factory Hemi in it!), there was a long straight drive next to this mile long golf course, on the edge of town, no one in sight so I romped on it a little bit, and the car was just fishtailing from one side of my lane to the other, as long as you wanted it to, crazy car!!!

Check out the shifter down by the seat!!! Factory stick on the floor in a big 4 door, nuts! No Power steering, no power brakes, just lotsa power!!! Show me another car, Chevy or Ford, Olds, Cadillac, Lincoln like that, I’ve never heard of one…

My ’77 Ramcharger, rare 400 4sp! The biggest engine they would allow with a stick! I put a ’69 Roadrunner cast iron 4bbl intake and carb on it, dual exhaust, reworked the advance curve. That thing would blow away all kinds of muscle cars from a light ;-)

’71 Challenger, meanest , gnarliest thing on the road, cammed up solid lifter 340, 4sp, Headers/Flowmaster, engine had to be chained down on the driver’s side… DANA SIXTY 4:10 Trac Lok somebody narrowed and stuck in there after blowing up a few 8 ¾ rear ends (no mean feat!). The car was an ANIMAL!!! Got followed by cops more than any other car I’ve ever owned…

Check out that bad @ss Pistol Grip shifter!

2 half tons, the ’69 was this crazy heavy duty half ton with big leaf packs and overloads on the back, rare 16” 5 hole wheels, sway bar in the front, 318 4sp, 3:91 Suregrip, could haul just about anything or go just about anywhere, check it out in the middle of the North Idaho woods in winter! It had its limitations through (duhhh) so I was looking for a Power Wagon for a few years before I finally found one.

The other ½ ton was a ’64 shortbed Stepside, set up for camping by the PO, canopy shell sealed down real tight, carpeted in the back, rode like a car, slant six 4sp.

Here’s the ’69 hauling the Power Wagon from where I found it in the middle of nowhere around Athol Idaho. Hadn’t run in years, crapped out later 318 in it, basically used abused and left for dead. The old guy used it to plow fields until he finally got a tractor…

The ’69 and the W200 together, by then the Power Wagon was totally mechanically gone through, every moving part, found a donor truck that had a low mile 318-2, correct radiator, mechanical oil pressure gauge dash, etc, etc!

Power Wagon warming up to go to work on a winter morning, ’70 Dodge Adventurer 383/727, slotted mags, way cool pickup!

’66 US Army D200, slant six 4sp, longbed stepside, neat pickup, totally original paint! Checking on the ol D6 in the North Idaho woods, the mud up there is pretty unique, clayish…

CAT in town for an overhaul.

One of my favorite pics ever, six miles high overlooking upper Twin Lake, N Idaho, still snow on the ground at the end of June in the deep woods. Bear, Moose and Cougars watching…

Here’s one I never got, big ol W500 in Kalispel Montana, the ultimate Power Wagon, what a beast!!!

Last summer, driving through sagebrush, Eastern WA. Looking down at the cool old Ram the previous owners put on Joann ;-)

Coming home, heading for Sunset Hwy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2009 03:49PM by beemrmax.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Rainy day reminiscing, Mopars from the past… 912 beemrmax 12/19/2009 03:36PM
Re: Rainy day reminiscing, Mopars from the past… 533 PowerMan 12/19/2009 07:12PM
Re: Rainy day reminiscing, Mopars from the past… 411 Howard in Newcastle CA 12/19/2009 08:21PM
Re: Rainy day reminiscing, Mopars from the past… 444 Hobcobble 12/19/2009 09:19PM
Re: Rainy day reminiscing, Mopars from the past… 443 wally426ci 12/19/2009 09:58PM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.