1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

PwrWgnDrvr is experiencing occasional timeout problems when viewing some messages, however, it is not consistent. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems? This is the error: The web address you entered is not available[more information]You were trying to go to www.dodgesweptline.org CloseA 50x 
Re: Forum Timeout Problems?
Posted by: JimmieD (66.81.19.---)
Date: April 28, 2009 06:26AM

Never seen that message in all my years on the net. I do know that certain viruses, Trojans & worms mimic Windows Error messages with false messages. The idea is to get you to click on the 'X' or whatever, to trigger a user-initiated operation and start screwing things up.

I just went through this getting all manner of stupid popup warmings, looking just like Windows or Internet Explorer Error Messages.

I used Malwarebytes, SpywareGuard, Spybot Search & Destroy and most powerful: Super-Antispyware programs, plus Comodo to purge all the garbage out. All these are free downloads. First time, only use Super-Antispyware through Safe Mode with all other programs turned off, after that you can use it in normal mode with all other programs shut down. Very powerful!

The Zlob Trojan in particular is known for the phony error popups. Other indications can be computer slowing down, home page changes in web browser, other clunky errors while computing, internet traffic when the computer should not be carrying out an operation etc.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Forum Timeout Problems? 1516 Phil 04/27/2009 06:34PM
Re: Forum Timeout Problems? 671 JimmieD 04/28/2009 06:26AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.