1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

i have a 71 D100 longbed utiline truck,my father in law bought it new,he passed 3 yrs ago,several yrs back he gave it to my brother in law to use while building a new house,when he was done with it he ask if anyone in the family wanted it,i said yes,no one else did,its a 318 445 trans,3.55 741 rati 
what would you do????????????
Posted by: butch romig (12.167.90.---)
Date: June 17, 2010 12:45PM

i have a 71 D100 longbed utiline truck,my father in law bought it new,he passed 3 yrs ago,several yrs back he gave it to my brother in law to use while building a new house,when he was done with it he ask if anyone in the family wanted it,i said yes,no one else did,its a 318 445 trans,3.55 741 ratio, non working factory air pictures are on norms album SOMEWHERE??,i put prototech power steering on it,recovered the seat,recored the radiator,added power brakes,completely rebuilt the brakes,NEW whl cyls,shoes,etc,moved the gas tank to under the rear of the bed,put a sheet of light steel in the bed,lightly tacked in for easy removal,made a custom tilt column for it,put a edelbrock performer intake and 1406 carb as well as cast aluminum valve covers,had it painted the original color,and some other things that i cant remember right now,ive had it for 6-8 yrs,in that time ive driven it less that 1000 miles,im done with it,ready for it to be passed to a family member,the oldest grandson would like to have it,and id like him to have it,he dont have anywhere to park/store it,he has a 5 yr old son that id like to see have it someday,he is already a small gearhead!!,another grandson would like it also,it was his dad that gave it to me in the first place,keep in mind i dont have to do anything with it!!,as long as im alive it can stay here no problem ,and i would NEVER sell it to a non family member,im afraid that grandson number 2 wouldnt take care of it,and might sell it,i have considered that if number 2 wants it bad to ask for the money ive spent on it,tho i would give it to number one in hopes his son the 5 yr old gearhead would end up with it,im guessing ive spent in the neighborhood of $2000 on it,maybe more
should i just let it set under the carport?,it set for 7 yrs before my brother in law got it running yrs ago,the truck has about 124000 miles on it and has some floor rust but not real bad,had a timing chain just before i got it,other than that its never been apart

your thoughts?????????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
what would you do???????????? 1090 butch romig 06/17/2010 12:45PM
Re: what would you do???????????? 518 frankyb 06/17/2010 07:09PM
Re: what would you do???????????? 444 Hobcobble 06/20/2010 08:47PM
Re: what would you do???????????? 432 wideblock 06/21/2010 09:00AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.