1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

Seems I have a small exhaust leak in the crossover, when I originally took off the intake there was only the pressed tin gasket. When I took it back apart, the dopes at napa convinced me that I needed 2 of the paper type per side one top and one on the bottom of the tin one. These paper ones are th 
383 intake gaskets and a dome light
Posted by: shartwig (75.36.217.---)
Date: December 22, 2012 10:17AM

Seems I have a small exhaust leak in the crossover, when I originally took off the intake there was only the pressed tin gasket. When I took it back apart, the dopes at napa convinced me that I needed 2 of the paper type per side one top and one on the bottom of the tin one.
These paper ones are thin and sit between the head and intake about a foot long and about an inch and a half tall.
I put all 5 gaskets in, intake was hard to get the bolts aligned, but not bad.
Do both? One? Or none need to be there?
Oh and another thing my dome light fixed itself, goes to show procrastination is king.
The dome light would not turn on with either door open or from the head light switch. I got it to come on and flash, with the combination of the key "on", hazard switch "on",turn signal(up or down)and brake being applied.winking smiley
Now I have a schematic in my head on how hat truck is wired and there was no way that could ever happen, but it did.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
383 intake gaskets and a dome light 1370 shartwig 12/22/2012 10:17AM
Re: 383 intake gaskets and a dome light 561 shartwig 12/22/2012 10:22AM
Re: 383 intake gaskets and a dome light 553 swptln 12/22/2012 11:50AM
Re: 383 intake gaskets and a dome light 628 Adventurer 02/09/2013 09:28AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.