1961-71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum

Sweptline Showcase

Sponsored Links

......OK so I looked for a cool way to do a floor shifter for the M400 CC. I took the dash shifter from the motor home and found that the exit hole for the cable has a certain direction that it needs to be pointing to actually work properly and not bind up the cable. Well my son is working on a 74  
Sweet shifter for the CrewCab
Posted by: BNC (70.41.250.---)

......OK so I looked for a cool way to do a floor shifter for the M400 CC. I took the dash shifter from the motor home and found that the exit hole for the cable has a certain direction that it needs to be pointing to actually work properly and not bind up the cable. Well my son is working on a 74 Trail Duster 4x4 and the first thing he did was tear out the seats and the seat pedestals....Well I took the metal pedestal and using a sawzall I narrowed it by cutting off like 5 inches out of the center then ground in a slot for the shifter stick and fitted it for holes to mount the actual shifter, welded the two halves back together and then welded a tab on front and rear to screw it to the hump on the floor where the stick shift was. It turned out sweet,, the black knob is about 3 inches below the dash under the key switch and it looks great...Best of all it works great!! it also has a bulb in it so when the head lights are on you know what gear you're in.....I actually went foward and backwards today but still need to bleed my brakes so no maiden voyage yet!!willy nilly...............BNC

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Sweet shifter for the CrewCab 976 BNC 01/20/2010 10:59PM
Re: Sweet shifter for the CrewCab 477 PowerMan 01/20/2010 11:33PM
Re: Sweet shifter for the CrewCab 443 BNC 01/20/2010 11:52PM
Re: Sweet shifter for the CrewCab 498 wideblock 01/21/2010 08:22AM

Array
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.